CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Homemade Playdough :)

Ok so this is "1 new recipe/week" this isn't food, but it is a recipe ;)  And it's something the kids can help do!

Homemade Playdough:

What you'll need:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
  • 1 teaspoon cooking oil
  • 1/4 cup salt
  • food coloring
  1. Combine all ingredients (except food coloring) in a medium-sized saucepan.
  2. Stir over medium heat until smooth
  3. Stir continuously until the dough balls (about 1-2 minutes) remove from heat
  4. When the dough is cool enough to handle knead until smooth.
  5. Form into a ball

6. Divide into as many colors as you'd like to make. A single batch makes a good amount for four colors.


7. Add food coloring to the divided dough. I used liquid food coloring, but I've heard the gel food coloring works better, or even koolaid packets.

8. Knead the food coloring into the dough, on wax paper, to protect your counters. I will be using gloves the next time I make it, because my hands are a very colorful mess now!

9. When the dough is a consistant color, ball and set aside.

Store the dough in separate airtight containers. The dough will stay soft for several weeks if stored airtight.




Abby had so much fun helping me make this... And even more fun playing with it!!! This was so easy to make, and I feel safer when they "accidentally eat" the playdough, because I know EXACTLY what's in it!!!

1 comment: